CORONA VIRUS DISEASE - (COVID-19) & HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINE
Corona virus is belonging to a virus`s family that causes the illness in human, which are called severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). Last 2019, a new verity of corona virus (SARS-COV-2) spread from china to worldwide. The infection that is respiratory problem, which are caused by SARS-COV-2 is called Corona Virus Disease -2019 (COVID-19).In March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. COVID-19 produces some serious complication such as difficulty in breathing, pneumonia.
How to spread –
The virus, which causes covid-19, is mainly spread through the air by the respiratory droplet of an infected person. When an infected person coughing, sneezing, breathing, singing, then these respiratory droplet spread in the atmosphere and when a normal person come with the contact of these droplet by inhaled or land in the mouth, nose, eyes then the virus will enter into the human body. Some time the virus transmission via contaminated surfaces by touch and then touch his or her mouth, nose, or eyes. The research shows that it spreads mainly from person to person among those in closed contact with in about 6 feet or 2 meters.
Sign and symptom –
According to centers for disease control and prevention, the incubation period of covid-19 is 3 to 5 days but it can be vary from 2 – 14 days. It is not possible to every person with a covid-19 infection will feels not good. It is possible the people have infected but symptoms are not developing, or they are mild and develop slowly.
Common sign and symptom are-
• Difficulty in respiration
• Fatigue / tiredness
Concomitant symptoms are –
• Stuffy or running nose
• Pain in head
• Soreness of throat
• Pain in chest
• Muscular pain
• Skin rash
• Nausea and Vomiting
• Loss of smell or taste
The old ages people have increase risk of infection from covid-19 and the risk is higher with the age.
Some medical condition that higher the risk of infection from covid-19 are-
• COPD ( Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Liver disease
• Auto-immune disease
• Sickle cell anemia
• Renal disease
• Heart problem such as coronary artery disease
Some emergency sign and symptoms are-
• Blue face and lip
• Constant pain or pressure in chest
• Difficulty in breathing
• Confusion in mind
• Great prostration
Risk factor –
• If person are living or travelling in the area where COVID infection is spread or community transmission occurs.
• In closed contact with peoples who have COVID infection
• Being coughing and sneezing by infected peoples.
• Smokers are early affected
• Over 60 year old persons and children are easily affected
The complication of COVID infection has mild to moderate. The infection can cause severe complication and the infected person lead to death.
Complication are include-
• Failure of many organs
• Septic shock
• ARDS (Acute Respiratory distress syndrome)
• Complication of heart disease
• Blood clot
• Liver injury
• Loss of motor function (Guillain- Barre syndrome)
• In children – pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome
• Wear face mask
• Avoid touching face
• Maintain a proper distance ( 6-feet)
• Wash hands with soap and warm water
• Use hand sanitizer
• To maintain clean surface
• When cough or sneeze must cover the mouth
• If feel sick stay home, unless going to get medical care
• Avoid public transportation
• rRT-PCR Test- ( real-time Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction)
Take a sample from Nasopharyngeal swab, Throat swab for investigation. Also take a sample of sputum if the person coughing problem.
• Blood test-
• Low - WBC count, Lymphocytes, platelet
• High – CRP (C- Reactive Protein)
• COVID-19 IgG /IgM ELISA
• Chest X-ray-
• Multiple GGOs ( Ground Glass Opacities)
• Patchy shadow
• Septal thickening
• Interstitial abnormalities
• HRCT Scan Chest
Presently no medicinal treatments are available to treat the covid-19 infection. Antibiotic are not effective against covid-19 viral infection. Research is going for a variety of possible treatment. Now a day’s infected person are treated on the bases of symptomatology.
As per the advisory (Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India)
• Preventive and prophylactic :
- Arsenicum Alba 30c, daily once in empty stomach for three days. The dose should be repeated after one month by following schedule till Corona virus infection is prevalent in community.
• Symptom management of Covid-19 like illnesses:
- Various medicine which are found to be effective in treating the infection depending upon the symptoms similarities are Arsenic Alba, Bryonia Alba, Belladona, Rhus Toxicodendron, Eupatorium Perfoliatum, Gelsemium, Ipecacaunha, camphor, Phosphorus.
Homoeopathic medicine can also be given as add on the conventional care.
DIET – A nutritious diet helps to increase the immunity and make safeguard from infections.
• Eat fresh and unprocessed foods every day-
• Eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains. Foods from animal sources like milk, meat, fish, eggs.
• For snacks, choose raw vegetable and fresh fruit.
• When using dried vegetable or fruit choose varieties without add salt and sugar.
• Drink much water-
Water is very useful for life. It transports nutrients and compounds in blood and maintain the body temperature. Drink 8-10 glass of water per day.
• Consume unsaturated fats rather than saturated fats.
• Avoid processed food, fast food, snack food, fried food, frozen pizza, pies, and cookies.
• Eat less salt and sweets
• Avoid eating out side
• Vitamins- vitamin C and vitamin D play a main role to provide the stamina to increase the immunity. Fruits and vegetable like Amala, Lemon, Orange and others are rich of vitamin C. Also egg yolks and mushroom are the good source of vitamin D.
• Zinc- Person may be take zinc supplement or take from the diet through pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, cashews and others.
DR. PRATIPAL SINGH YADAV
MD (HOM) Assist. Prof. - Practice of medicine
Laxamiben Homoeopathic Institute
& Research Center Mehsana Gujarat
Mental illness of Individuals during Covid-19 Outbreak & Scope of Homoeopathy. Reference CAMPHORA OFFICINALIS.
*A.K.ARUN, M.D. (Hom.)
*A.K.ARUN is a Sr. Homoeopathic Medical Consultant & Researcher in Delhi & Vice Chairman of Board of Homoeopathic System of Medicine, Delhi. He is chairperson of Health Education Art Life Foundation (HEAL) a New Delhi based nonprofit research organization.
CAMPHORA OFFICINALIS a most possible Homoeopathic Prophylaxis of COVID-19.
The COVID-19 pandemic in India is part of the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The first case of COVID-19 in India, which originated from China, was reported on 30 January 2020. India...
CASE OF TINEA CURED WITH HOMEOPATHY
Abstract : Tinea is common skin fungal infection. It is becoming resistant and occurring recurrently due irrational use of antifungal ointments used by common population. But in Homoeopathic literature there has been mentioned many medicines having good results in Tinea. This case study demonstrates as how effectively and rapidly Homoeopathic nosode Bacillinum ...